View Single Post
Old 29-07-2009, 12:53 AM

So the kit is installed and I am tuned. There was a major issue though.As soon as the install was complete, I was not able to be tuned because of a fan issue. So I turned the kit off to drive home on my pump map which was fine. Even if I was injecting meth on my pump map it will just run pig rich. Well, here is where it got interesting. I took it into boost going home and I overboosted tremendously (27psi) when I was tuned at 19. Came off gas and drove home in vacuum until my tune thinking a vacuum line came off. Today, he looked at all the lines and pressure tested the waste gate to make sure it wasn't anything like that. Did the first pull on the dyno and boom (27psi) same thing. Turned boost down to minimal and timing all the way down and same thing again. Stumped he looked at the directions and opened the ECU harnesses again and verified all the wiring against the diagram shown above and it was wired perfectly as shown above into pin 32. So as of this point, neither the tuner or the stock ECU has control over the boost or waste gate. He said lets try cutting the connection and reverting back to the stock way bypassing the failsafe to see how it works. Voila, it boost perfectly and I get tuned and it worked out great. My question is what needs to be done to correct the situation? Is there an issue with the ECU diagram you sent or the board? Is there something else I am missing?