View Single Post
Old 18-09-2009, 03:41 PM

Default Supercharger setup

I think its time for me to go the water /methanol injection route as I want to lower the pistonheat.
Its been sayed that Rover standart pistons are good for about 7psi of boost so thats the reason why I might want to convert to wmi. I have no detonation issues nor overheating problems, just want to be on the save side with my investmend ( blood, sweat & tears).
Surfing round the web I found lots of companys who make and sell kits with prices from nice to sky high.
As I can only spent my money once I'd better spent it good.

I am running a Magnacharger 110 on top of a aluminium Rover 3.5 V8.
Engine is carb fed by a custom build Holley 570cfm.
At 4psi boost I had 260bhp at the wheels.

Running 9psi at the moment but it hasn't been dyno't yet so I can only guess at this point. Might be 325 bhp at the wheels.
First want water injection before its going to the dyno again.
Have no detonation issues yet. Have a MSD boost retard set at 1' retard/psi meaning 38' total ignition advance & 29' total under full boost.

What are my options and what to go for.
I want the system boost activated and as you can see in the picture I can not run the system below the blower.
As I have a 1" alloy open spacer between the carb & blower this would be the best option to place the nozzle for me.
As most calculations are for injected engines here's also an issue which nozzle size to go for & its has to be before to blower injected meaning a bigger nozzle Ill guess.

So I might have about 350 bhp at the engine ( manual gearbox ).
Fuel pump is a Facet blue top with a Filterking, fuelpressure set at 5psi.
Need a simple system thats boost activated probably at 7psi. Don't want to run a checkvalve.

Regards JP