View Single Post
Old 24-03-2010, 12:05 AM

Default Re: How much power should i be making once meth injected??

I have run 100% Meth (in the region of 2l/min)for a while now with no downsides. Main problem for me was tuning the transition into meth as I have a basic on/off system (have got it running seamlessly now but it took some time..).

Without meth on UK fuel I could only run 12psi without having to pull loads of ignition timing and kill the power/ response of the engine. With the Meth active I can run anything the turbos can chuck out with 0 knock counts and more timing!, wastegates are blowing open at 22psi but I`ve seen 26+ with the front wired shut.

Even at 12psi I can feel a difference between straight petrol and Methanol (I believe as well as cooling the charge Methanol also supplies extra oxygen to the combustion chamber).

If you run a big quantity of Methanol you need very good failsafes incase of an injection fault, I have a few.

1. Boost controller will shut down if the AFR goes leaner than 11.8:1 (petrol afr).
2. Boost controller is powered from the Meth pump live, if there is a power problem to the pump the car won`t boost..
3. The fuel map transition is activated by the Meth pump live, no pump activation means no main fuel enleanment.
4. Low Meth level in tank will shut down pump/ boost controller and 2nd fuel map.

Works very well for me, will have to get my car on a dyno but the difference is night and day between straight petrol and meth injection.

Car is a 3l Twin Turbo Mitsubishi GTO (hybrid TD04-16g`s).