View Single Post
Old 23-05-2010, 05:03 AM

Default Re: Pre turbo + pre TB setup. No fmic? help needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proz07 View Post
what kind of ignition setup are you running cause unless you have zeus in there firing off lightning bolts you may have a hard time ignition 25% straight water honestly.
haha

Stock ignition system. If i can ignite a rich 10:1 afr mixture at 20psi. It should be ok at 13:0 AFR with 25% water no and same boost no?

As well, half of it will be injected pre turbo, So it should be all evaporated before it reaches the TB. It will evaporate even quicker since there is no IC. I remember people saying they downgraded there fmic in order to have higher temperature to benefits more from the cooling of water/meth injection pre IC.

I have seen graphs where water injection pre turbo was making the fmic almost inefficient.

I really want to remove the fmic, my car is not a daily driver, it's stripped, no more P/S no more A/C, nothing lol. I want to try make things differently, even if the IAT end up a bit higher, it will be worth it in my opinion.

Less lag, less work for the turbo, less weight, cleaner engine bay, and the first 3sgte engine to run without IC

If the car bogs, or the IAT are really too high, i will switch to a mix with meth i guess.

what do you think?

Thanks for the inputs btw!