View Single Post
Old 22-06-2010, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Strange setup problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
I suggest that you send the jets for size change and controller reflash as soon as you can.
I have been in contact with your Finnish distributor, Sporttiauto, regarding the nozzle change. They say that they don't have 0.4mm nozzles in stock at the moment. I suggested that could you (Richard) send them to me directly instead, but I haven't got a reply yet. I would like to test them first before sending my current 0.3mm back. What if I get too much flow with them?

Why would the controlled need to be reflashed? If I'm using four 0.4mm nozzles, that's same as two 0.8mm nozzles. You have written that the controlled is optimized for two nozzles. Is two 0.8mm still not enough flow?

Quote:
You last plot registered some knock events.
Yes it did, but they weren't because of the W/M injection. Also Trionic 5 is very sensitive to register knocks. Usually they aren't real knock events.

Quote:
Pressure drop is directly proportion to the "cracking" pressure of the valve. A 15psi checkvalve will reduce 15psi across the valve. There are no reason to muddle the "actual" or "claimed" pressure drop discrepancy. Aside from the natural flow resistance due to turns and frictions.
Is it possible to raise the pumping pressure to compensate the drop?

Here ("pump pressure adjust" almost at the end) it says it can be done: http://www.impconcepts.com/porschetu...stallation.htm

Last edited by Ilkka; 22-06-2010 at 10:46 AM.