View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 03:31 AM

Default Flow sensor cleaning

Hello all (but mostly directed to Richard
Has anyone cleaned the small turbine inside for a Flow Sensor (806 428)?

Here is my situation:
First generation Hydramist which has been running for ~75k with no problems
I noticed that my flow was not registering
The flow meter on the DDS-3 only shows one bar (even with the POT turned all the way down) when water is flowing

What I have done:
I unhooked the hose from the jets that are attached to my intake and let it flow to the ground
ie. Pump -> HSV -> Flow Sensor -> ground
This did not give me any more flow indicated, but the water was flowing at a high rate.

I put a jet on the end just to check it with some back pressure on the hose and the jet sprayed a perfect pattern, but again, no flow was seen on the DDS-3.

In both of the situations above, the S and B lights lite up.

I took the Flow Sensor off and checked the inside and everything was still sealed well. I removed the two adapters on both ends and cleaned the filters (even though water was flowing just fine through them).

This is something very interesting: While I had the two filters off, I blew through the sensor. With a little pressure, I could not hear the turbine spin, but with a good deal, I could hear it a little.

I really think that the turbine has somehow gotten clogged up because of the above (even though the filters were pretty much clear). I did not see a way to remove the turbine.

Any idea's?
WRB 04 STI: 97.73% Stock
More info here