View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 08:21 AM

Default Re: Yes, another "WTF do I need?" question.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I was thinking 50/50 water/methanol (I have a practically unlimited supply of methanol, all free), or something along the lines of 60/40 Water Methanol. Not quite sure what the mixture will be.

I have the ability to dyno "tune" the mixture(s) and delivery sizes on a Dynojet, but before then, I will need to get a basic nozzle size going.

I am not quite sure what size injectors are on the car. It's one of those things that my friend Google has a hard time finding out.

Would you please be kind to check my math? I would really appreciate it.

Assuming 600cc @100% IDC injectors (a little overkill IMHO), they would flow 480cc's at 80% IDC and flow roughly 548lbs of fuel per hour (82.65 Gallons per hour) in order to keep 13.4:1 AF ratios.

In order to keep about 15% of the mass using 100% water, (82.65 x .15) we would need 12.39 Gallons per hour or 46,927cc's per hour to support 15% mass. That should come to 782cc's per minute.

This sounds a little high to me...?

Of course, I could be totally off base with the 600cc injector sizes.

I, of course, would like to be able to turn the whole system off, but at the same time, I would prefer failsafes when the system is running.

I typically run anywhere between 93 at high altitudes (6000+ feet) and 100 octane (well, truthfully, probably about 97 octane - marketing, and all that always adds 3 points) at 1000 feet altitude.