View Single Post
Old 28-04-2004, 09:22 PM

I am running a TEC3 on a turbocharged MX5 (1.6L) with a stock 9.4:1 CR and 15psi of boost. I've been experimenting with a 2C over the last couple of months - with Richards help. I have ended up using 2 jets, one just post IC and the other just before the throttle body. I also started out with 0.4mm jets - but have since gradually moved up in jet size to deliver more water. Main reasons were the improved spray pattern once using 0.6mm jets and larger and the fact that when using the TEC3 to drive the HSV one can adjust duty cycle and hence flow. I am also experimenting with higher water flow rates (upto 400cc per min so far). At present I am using a 0.9mm jet and a 0.7mm jet, but will most likely replace the 0.7mm with a 0.9 or 1.0mm jet.

I have plenty of flow rates versus duty cycle for differing combinatins of jet size. My 0.9mm and 0.7mm jets will provide upto 470cc per min of water flow at 90% duty cycle.

Also when testing the flow I discovered that the jets continue to provide a mist down to about 15% duty cycle, any lower and the pattern suffers severly.

I have set things up using the GPIs so that the TEC3 only adds timing and leans the fuel when the TEC3 sees water flow. Currently it's flow or no flow - but I intend to try a linear relationship relating timing added/fuel pulled to flow rate soon.

If I can help any further then please ask.