View Single Post
Old 29-08-2010, 02:18 AM

Default Re: Failsafe activating after shift.

Hi Richard,
I was able to get hold of Coolingmist on their tank instructions and installed a 7" hose in the tank to draw from the open area where it will not see air. I made sure the hose stayed in this position and I also filled the tank to where it is completely full.

I just took a 15min drive. Unfortunately, still experiencing the failsafe. In fact, perhaps because my windows are set too wide (WL at 11o'clock, WH at 1o'clock, FLSF SENS to max) I'm actually seeing conditions where I'm boosting at 15psi with no bars and the HFS-6 is not interrupting the Eboost's solenoid to wastegate. This happened on 4 consecutive attempts, so I reduced the EBC to 13psi to prevent from catastrophic failure.

Since the tank was disconnected, I'm going to try and purge the lines to see if there's trapped air. It doesn't specify in the manual, but is it necessary to purge using the TST jumper each time the line is disconnected from the pump?

Any other suggestions...pinched meth line, trapped air, clogged jet or FCM, bad module, etc, etc, etc? I'm fairly certain my install was correct, but I'm willing to tear the car back apart and inspect each component until I can get this to work 100%.