View Single Post
Old 29-08-2010, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Just installed HFS-3, couple questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howerton Engineering View Post
Try spraying the jet into a container for 1 minute to see if the system is flowing right. We can look at the jetting charts and see if it is OK. While this is occurring, set the SC to 6 of 8 bars. Turn the WH from full CW down until the "B" flashes then back 2 clicks. The WL needs to be set on the road.

We need to make sure the system is flowing as it should. Some installs flow less than others depending on the tubing routing and such. The system does not try to stop injecting if the failsafe trips. It would appear you are getting a quick failsafe when the system starts to inject.

Remember, if you set the system to 6 of 8 bars at 100% DC then you may not hit 6 bars in normal driving depending on your max IDC. 4-5 bars is typical.
Hey Jeff -
Yeah, we ran the jet into a bucket and jumped the sys jumper for a good soild minute or two and it flowed fine. Everything appears to be working OK, we just don't get a lot of LEDs. With SC maxed in the CW position, we get about 4 bars. That's if you adjust it while driving. I'm at about 85% injector duty cycle (I've seen as high as 89% without water/meth).

By the way, if you step on it in the lower gears it will max out the LEDs on the gauge. Can you explain what these LEDs are telling me as well as how WL and WH relate to it? I though the LEDs indicated flow but why would flow it change depending on what gear I'm in? I'm referenced against IDC, so flow shouldn't change with myh gear choice, right?

Thanks!

Ryan