View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 10:09 AM

Default Re: HFS-5 DDS3 V8 install ?- Turbo Suzuki samurai/tracker TBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
I have been away for the last two weeks. just catching up. Sorry.

I had a look on the diagram, very nice and clear. I think the injector is driven by a "peak and hold" driver so the signal is extremely wak during the "hold" period. The "peak" period is good but only around 1mS of so. The DDS3v8 will not be able to detect those signals.

The green wire of the FIA2 should be connected to pin A17.

The HFS-5 consists of a FIA2 module, can you tell me if you can see a purple wire coming out of the FIA2 harness. This wire has an output of 0-5V, representing the 0-100% DC of the fuel injector.

Bofore we go any further, I like ot know if the FIA2 is reading the fuel injector correctly first.
Ohh I see... Im sure thats where i have it hooked up. I will check tomorrow morning and get back to ya.

The kit i have, has no purple wire coming from the FIA2. Only wires are... 2 red, 2 green, 1 black, 1 blue, 1 brown.
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum/gall...-5+MBC+MAC.pdf
Its just like the one above ^^^^ minus the mbc +mac valve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
I have another question, is side kick a addon unit to the original ECU. What is its function since the ECU can drive the stock injector anyway.

Richard
The sidekick/tracker ecu is whats running the tbi engine. The engine was swapped from a geo tracker.

Thanks again for all your help. I will check everything tomorrow and post the results.

Cheers,
Joe

Last edited by estorvito; 10-11-2010 at 10:12 AM.