Thread: HFS-6 problems
View Single Post
Old 29-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: HFS-6 problems

Hello Jon of Darwin,

It appears that you have done a very nice installation job on getting the system work as designed.

I have read through your post and I would like to make the following points related to the problen you have encountered.

Problem #1

The level sensor will disable the system from starting up upon power-up if wtare level is below the sensor. A warning led on the guage will stay on unteil the tank is replenished. During active service, a timer/counter monitors the level full time. If the level is near the triggerng point, it will allow the led to flash but will not disable the system from spraying nor triggering the failsafe. When the duty cycle of the low level sensor is approaching 95%, it will trigger the failsafe and turn the gauge led on full time. The syetm will not reset until tank is refilled. This is to prevent and air getting into the system and causes air lock in the pump head.

Problem #2

This is a classic and the most frequent mistake. The system should never be allowed to power up at the "acc" position. This point is highlighed pn page 11.2 of the user manual. Reinstate the red wire of the yellow connector to a 12V source where "only becomes" active at the "pre-crank" key position. The best place is the fuel injector (+).

You are 95% there.

I will deal with the rest when the two above problems are resolved.