View Single Post
Old 16-09-2011, 05:13 AM
Fit Buddy

Default Re: Datsun 1600 HFS3-Help needed

Hi Richard,

I apologise for not replying to your last post. I am in the Navy and had to crash sail. I have only recently returned and picked up where I had left off.

Over the past few weeks I have managed to get my car up and running again. After some modifications to the ECU wiring a few weekend ago, the Aquamist powered up as per the instruction manual. I then dropped the car of to my tuner and it was agreed that he would do the system test of the Aquamist and complete the tune.

This morning my turner rang and said that he was able the get the system to work in the “test” mode but the system does not trigger in the normal working mode when the 40% injector duty cycle trigger point is reached.

I was wondering if you have ever encountered this problem before and what the cause would be. If not would you have any suggestion on where to look for a likely cause to this problem noting the following:
1. The Aquamist inputs are the (+) and (-) supply from the injector as per the instruction manual
2. The system powers up fine and the F-IDC light increases and decreases with engine RPM.
3. Tank level is over ?
4. The system can be manually activated in “test” mode, where it performs as per the instruction manual.
5. My tuner has tried turning the threshold knob all the way anti clock wise and still no spray activation
6. The ecu data logger shows a peak injector duty cycle of 70%

Thanks Richard,

Kind regards,
POMT Orlando Barrett
HMAS Success Manager AAS
Level 3, Building 89/90
Garden Island

orlando.barrett@defence.gov.au
(tel) 02 9359 6167
(mob) 0418 315 466

Last edited by Fit Buddy; 16-09-2011 at 06:16 AM.