View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 04:00 PM

Default Re: HFS-3 pump runs on after pull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
This run-on behavour should not happen once the iDC is dropped below the trigger point.

Is it possible for you to do the windshield test on the road as instructed on the user manual. This just to confirm the system is actually spraying and not due to the slower decel. of the turbine sensor and the damping of the gauge display. Can to post your result there.

The system is designed for running two jets so the "SC" trimmer will will be need to be set set quite high on bar-display gain. This is quite normal. Can you tell me the numbers printed on a small label on the left of the controller board.

Where are you located? the controller can be reflashed for a lower flow table.

I just got back from a test drive with the car. The jet as placed on the windscreen and I can confirm that it does, indeed, continue spraying once you have lifted off the throttle. So much in fact that the wipers wouldn't keep up and I ended up having to just turn the system off in order to get it to stop.

I've gone back through the wiring yesterday, and it all looks good. (I triple checked it after my last wiring mistake.) I don't want to put you though that again.

As for the numbers on the left of the board, I think these are what you want: 12-135-150

And here is a picture of where the FAV is mounted. Sorry about the size.

(On the driver's side, just under the brake master cylinder, away from any turbo heat.)

Although it looks close to the master cylinder, I assure you they are not touching.