View Single Post
Old 28-05-2004, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Yet another Aquamist jet size question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx5
No. The 2D kit mirriors a fuel injector IDC to maintain a constant water to fuel ratio. So the calculation in your case is just 550*4*.15 = 330 cc/min you're supposed to achieve that with a 1.0mm jet
Well, I guess this is the crux of my question: is water jet size calculated using 100% fuel injector duty cycle, or is it calculated using the actual max IDC that you will see in use? Because the stated size of the fuel injectors is calculated based on 100% IDC at a static fuel pressure of 43.5 psi, but no one in their right mind runs their injectors at 100% IDC; 80% is considered safe, and 90% is about the max you can get away with before repeated use at this level burns up the injector. Also, fuel pressure fluctuates based on boost pressure, which affects the amount of fuel being delivered, so at 15 psi (or 2 bar) of boost, I am seeing a fuel pressure of greater than 43 psi. So I was ASSuming that I would also calculate WI jet size using some sort of offset from 100% IDC. If this is incorrect and I can just toss out all of these other variables, great! I know the benefit of the 2d system is that it ties WI DC to FI DC, so I'm just trying to get a handle on the right set of variables to consider. If I can use fewer variables to get the correct result, so much the better!

-Jeff