View Single Post
Old 25-06-2012, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Injecting prior to turbo comp' impellers

The D04/D05 injectors are moved back to the injection points I was using with the Aquamist system...I adapted the injectors for straight fitment at this time.

Rear view of injection point/s

Fitted.

D05 pre injector moved back to the turbo entry point..I set it back about 1/2 inch from the turbo

Dump valve added

The engine bogged and misfired on this run with well over 1000cc per min being injected, temps were closer to 40c on this run and hit a max of 46c on an extended high speed run at near 130mph, I would have liked to have added a full datalog for this run but I am having trouble using the screen recording software.

I played with different mixture settigns but the misfire would not clear...it seems that either the mixture was simply too rich (dipping under 10.0/1) or had too much water content to ignite.

With the coilpack dwell time being too high as it is I will need to get the car remapped to take the extra fuel into account...for the moment I will drop a jet size for around 900c per min and take some more measurements.

I may also use more smaller jets amounting to the same injected amount to offer a more atomised mixture to the inlet to help drop temps even more...I dont know how much of a drop this can provide but right now anything is worth a shot!