View Single Post
Old 13-07-2012, 10:28 AM

Default Re: RICESP Water Injected RX7

I'm about to begin spraying pre turbo after being inspired by your setup. I'm running an AEM EMS 2 (this is on a Subaru with a gt35r).
I have a question about the data indicators you are using for adjusting spray volume. i've read through your thread, and I have a few questions if you don't mind me asking. Aside from IAT, what indicators should I be looking for assuming that the bulk of my tuning will be on the road. I can run my logs though a dyno simulator, but I can't always use the same stretch of road, which is important for such software (the police are pretty quick to respond to such shenanigans where I live). I understand that all setups are different and there are so many variables that generalizations are not often helpful. But to get started, am I looking to inject the least amount of water to lower IAT that the ignition system can ignite? Should IAT be the dominant indicator for initial tuning of flow rates?

My process for post compressor WI tuning was as follows:
1) Stabilize afr 2) note EGT at baseline run (rich) 3) raise timing and track power shifts 4) repeat with steps 1-3 with leaner afr 5) raise boost presusre and start again
However I'm not sure if this process will work when changing water flow rate may alter the compressor output.