View Single Post
Old 28-08-2012, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Water level indicator

Thanks for your detailed response Richard!

You mentioned that the pump may prime itself few feet above the water level, but the risk of air sucking is higher. I that a serious risk or maybe it could be somewhat cured by fitting the low level sensor a bit higher above the water draw point?

Asking because my setup options are limited to the tank installation behind the front bumper (red box in the pic below) and pump installation either on top of the tank in the engine bay (relatively dry area) or behind the front bumper on the other side (green boxes in the pic below). The latter pump position will allow almost horizontal feed from the tank draw point but there is no water / dust protection behind the bumper, I may arrange something to cover from direct water splashes but it will be still hardly safe place from the dust etc. Do you think the setup with the pump on top would be a livable solution in my case?

VXR_front_edit.JPG

Also I would appreciate your opinion on the nozzle placement. I've already decided in favor of single-nozzle setup with nozzle location after the IC but before the throttle body, so my options are basically before the MAP/IAT sensor or after it. I read here on the forums that you had experience with WMI setup on Astra Coupe with basically the same engine as mine and in that case there was a problem with nozzle spraying on the MAP/IAT. I didn't see any pics of that setup though, so I'm unaware whether it was a case of nozzle set directly opposite the MAP/IAT sensor or it was before the sensor but the W/M mixture did not evaporate well before reaching the MAP/IAT sensor. On the other hand injecting before MAP/IAT looks still good since IAT will register lower itake temps and have the ign angle set more wisely instaed of blindly running more advance implying that the WMI is on and working.

So I would highly appreciate you advice whether you think the W/M would evaporate well and not cause MAP/IAT going bad when the nozzle is placed before the sensor (red circle in the lower part of the intake), alternative placement (after the MAP/IAT) is a red circle in the upper part of the intake. MAP/IAT sensor placement is the green circle on the pic below.

Eng_top_edit.JPG

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Last edited by leman_opc; 28-08-2012 at 10:33 AM.