View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Water level indicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leman_opc View Post

I also had a strange issue today: each time the system activates and start spraying (I get just "B" appearing or maybe also one bar on the gauge) the "water level" led lights on and then the "w.injection" led lights and the failsafe activates. On no throttle then both lights disappear. If you accelerate lightly (so that the IDC is somewhere around the trigger) you see the "B" led flickering just as normal.

I noted that on the go the problem above occurs but if the car stands still for a while with the engine running it sprays OK for some time, you may get a few bars on the gauge etc. But then after a short run the problem appears once again.
This strange phenomenon is quite common on DI engines. Once a while, the ECU injects a small amount of fuel into the engine to clear the trapped nitrous in the cat. The aquamist picks up this signal when it happens. You can put the jumper link to FDC and watch the workings of the fuel injectors.

Here is a link to make this clearer. Manufacturers use a fancy name "LNT" regeneration or we call it "fuel dumping".