Thread: Smart injection
View Single Post
Old 13-02-2013, 10:24 PM

Default Re: Smart injection

Seeing as the aquamist is working correctly except the cycling pump, I thought why not activate the pump manually temporarily by wiring the relay to a switch? In doing so I learnt that it is the ground side of the circuit that is cycling. By installing a switched ground I stopped the cycling although it still runs full time without the switch. So with two jets I went for a spin. It took a little while do dial the settings in to stop bogging with the two nozzles as the map is completely wrong for this at the moment. I ended up putting the smallest restrictor in and ramping up the gain and threshold. I was able to hit maximum boost of 1.50 in the first 5 gears (5&6 are ridiculously long for economy, 6 is almost unusable in a stock Smart Fortwo), I have never been able to do this before!!! I could hit 1.49 in a couple of gears sometimes , It boggles the mind how good this will be when tuned. It is definitely running super rich in boost and I think I will be further amazed! Can't wait to see what the dyno says before and after tuning. It's running a lot cooler too, even with these minimal settings.

Cheers!

Last edited by Kapt. Q; 13-02-2013 at 10:38 PM.