View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Help with HFS-3 and MPS Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
Yes, the FDC hi-jack the guage to display FIDC for diagnostic purpose. Normally, it displays water flow.

You only scale the SC after you have done all the tests and jets.

1. I suggest you cut x1 and solder link the x1.5 to amplify the IDC signal a tad. "underside of the board" since you are not using 100% fuel injection.

2. If you are only using 1x 1mm jet againist a 4000cc/min fuel capacity, you are well under jetted. You be running two jets.

100% water ........ 10-15% to fuel
M50:W50 ........... 15-20% to fuel
100% methanol ........ 20-25% to fuel
(these are the simple rules that work well)

3. If you can not using boost as a trigger, you don't need to tap into the MSP sensor at all. I have always stress that IDC trigger is a more accurate indication of enigne load then boost. Boost is different at different engine load or gear.

4. I think you should wire the red to a known switched 12V source, active only at the pre-crank position. It will be less confusing and reliable. Injector (+) can sometimes be spiky and noisy. Some cars still have resistor packs (no good for the HFS3).

You are nearly there. What car do you have?
Hey,

Thanks for the response.

I have a 2006 Subaru Impreza STi - ADM/EDM version.

Ok just some clarity-
1. With soldering this link, with this affect the actual IDC in the future, just making sure i understand this. if the current signal is 1:1, so 20% is 20%, when i get to using anything more then 50%, will i not hit the 95% duty cycle limit? Would you be able to send me a picture of what you mean on the underside? i will get someone to do it for me. i'm not over excited about touching the board with a soldering iron

2. Great thanks, will keep this for future use. at the moment i only plan to run water. To test the the actual flow i receive from the jets, can i use the "sys" jumper to force the system online and then capture the amount of water it uses?

3. I'll play with both and see what works best for me. i've wired in both so the options are there and then see how it goes, IDC might be the better option.

4. I'm a little lost on this one.
So Injector + must go to a switched 12v but only on pre-crank. So wiring it to accessory or a source that allows say gauges or boost controller to come online only when key is turned is wrong?
I know there is a common wire for the injectors and then there is the signal, and i'm almost 100% sure then we have this right. i can move it to another power source if thats a better bet.
I also take it that i can see the pulse on idle and driving that we must have this right. would you be bale to give me the diagnostic pins to double check this before going wire hunting?

ah yes, i remember in a few posts back i mentioned that when on boost and the unit is spraying the water level light comes on, even though the water level is not low... it seems to stay on with the w.injection light. what should this mean?

ah yes, i remember in a few posts back i mentioned that when on boost and the unit is spraying the water level light comes on, even though the water level is not low... it seems to stay on with the w.injection light. what should this mean?

Thanks!!

Last edited by naviuk; 03-07-2013 at 11:42 AM.