View Single Post
Old 18-07-2014, 03:40 PM
Fit Buddy

Default Re: Datsun 1600 HFS3-Help needed

Hi Richard,

It has been a few years since I last spoke to you so I thought I?d touch bases and update you onthe progress with my HFS-3.
A few weeks after we last spoke, I managed the get the HFS-3 system running correctly on my car once I fitted the green harness you sent. I got my car tuned shorty after and it made 260rwkw @ 22psi without WI and 290 rwkw @ 26 psi with WI. The car ran like a dream and was a lot of fun to drive. I am not 100% sure why you guys fit the gauge with an on/off button, as I?m sure that no one actually turns their system off once they have driven with it on. I sure as hell haven?t!
Anyway, about two weeks after tuning the car the gearbox decided that it had had enough of the extra power and torque and retired as I was accelerating through third gear. The car was garaged for a year and a half while I sourced and fitted more suitable drive train components to handle the extra power, fabricated my own twin scroll manifold and exhausts system, oh, and started a family. It was a very busy 18 months!
So I finished all the modifications and finally got a chance to get the car retuned a few months ago. The power was roughly the same and the WI is still working like a charm. I can?t speak highly enough of the Aquamist WI system. The system, installed and tuned, including the purchase price of the unit, was less the $1500. Dollar per kilowatt, the Aquamist WI system has been the best value power upgrade to my car in the 10+ years I have been modifying it.
In conclusion, I just want to say thanks to you and your team for a great product and excellent after sales support. It has made a world of difference to do-it-yourselfers like me.

Thank you and kind regards,
Orlando