View Single Post
Old 28-07-2014, 08:17 AM

Default IDC trigger point datalog

I have Aquamist HFS3v3 installed for my WRX STi 2011, and I've been learning about the HFS3v3 for fine tuning purpose. What I want to know is when exactly did the HFS3v3 begin to inject, and thankfully the green harness has a yellow wire which outputs 0.5v to 4.5v for datalog purpose.

Both Jeff from Howerton Engineering and Richard have been very helpful, and what I understand is the first 0.5v is 'standby', and each 0.5v after represents 1 bar of the gauge flow bar.

So I connect the green harness' yellow wire into my external sensor interface, and enter the following as number conversion:

0.5v = 0%
4.5v = 100%

I keep in mind that my gauge only displays 6 out of 8 bar as I set it that way, which we'll get to that later. For now I just want to know when did the system injects.

I set the treshold trimmer to 1 notch after 9 o'clock which should be around 30%, as any lower I cannot set the failsafe as it always trip. But at this setting I always find the meth flows literally instantly the moment I hammer the throttle - anytime.

So here is the graph: