View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 02:22 AM
Fit Buddy

Default Datsun 1600 HFS3 upgrade

Hi Richard,

Hope you have been well. My name is Orlando and it?s been a while since we last spoke. The reason I am writing to you is because I am looking to purchase your new HFS4 V3 unit to replace my HFS3 V2 unit.

My engine is a 2L Nissan FJ20 turbo. Its current out put is 255 rwkw @ 23 psi using 98 octane fuel and 280 rwkw @ 27 psi using 98 octane fuel +WI (a single 1mm nozzle post intercooler). It should be noted that the ignition is not altered for water injection. The HFS3 unit is set up to trigger a higher boost set point through an ECU input when activated.

My plan for the HFS4 v3 is the run 50:50 WMI and have the car completely retuned to suit. I am chasing around the 290-300 rwkw @ 30 psi max boost. My injectors are 750cc each.

I was wondering if you could provide me with some advice and clarification on a few points before I go ahead with the purchase.

? I am considering adding direct porting and pre turbo injection. Would you recommend this and if so what nozzle sizes should I use for these applications? Also, should I keep the post intercooler nozzle and what size if so?

? Can the HFS4 v3 output to the ECU for WMI data logging?

? My ECU has an internal map sensor. How would the HFS4 v3 obtain a boost signal to utilize the boost+IDC trimming function?

Many thanks in advance and I look forward to your response.
Kind regards, Orlando

P.S. My HFS3 unit will find a new home on my friend?s 20b turbo powered series 2 RX7. Another one converted!!