View Single Post
Old 25-03-2016, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Using water-only system year-round? Feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flr Power View Post
I have been dyno tuning for 12 years. What I have found is that ''tuners'' are often just dyno operator. They are not that good at tuning even after many years. A lot of dyno operator can tune WOT pretty good but they lack in all the many engine table parameters that can make an engine reliable and or win races.

AGREED

A dyno is truly the best way to find optimum advance since the conditions will be perfect to measure. When you don't have access to a dyno you are required to tune on the same day, same stretch of road, same wind condition and start each run at an exact same speed. Some guys also use an accelerometer to complement tuning.

AGREED

That's how I started until I realised I could not get accurate enough. It was also very time consuming to reach a good tune. I know you spray a lot yourself so you could even have past MBT. If that is the case then expect the engine bearings and headgasket to be short lived just like FI_Rubicon...

To be sincere, in december after a hard WOT back to the garage noticed noises on idle and oil temps were going up fast. Switched off the engine immediately after and noticed that the crank pulley got loose. The crank bolt was like torqued backwards with no threads visible at the end. Would you think passing MBT made that or engine torque/power ?