View Single Post
Old 27-03-2016, 07:18 AM

Default Re: Using water-only system year-round? Feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flr Power View Post
Wow. Listen, I intervened to prevent people thinking it is normal to tune to knock with WI. Now, that does not mean we can not tune an engine as close to knock as possible. Like when the fuel has too low of an octane to support the cylinder combustion pressure leading to fuel auto ignition (knock).

AGREED

Tuning to MBT (except for idle) should be the ultimate goal as it gets your engine a fuel efficient (torque) burner. I have seen a few engines blown using WI and guess what, all failures were a combination of not enough WI and TOO much timing. So these engines ran for a while before failing. These were not my tunes but I saw the maps afterwards.

AGREED

Again, if you operate a 4 liter engine to 400 hp and then ask a 2L engine to crank 1200hp then guess what an excess of just say 5 degrees past MBT will do... It just won't last as long. You also lose power past MBT.

AGREED

Can you tell us how much power the engine is producing?
What is the total WI volume you are spraying?
From your experience on the dyno can you tell us how can we tune an engine correctly on the street with all the safety tips how to understand we are near or over MBT ?