Thread: EGT Limitation
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 06:53 PM

Default Re: EGT Limitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrx79 View Post
Hi,

Due to a very small tubrine, my engine is EGT limited. With increased boost and increasing rpm's (redline is about 8000rpm) egt is the limiting factor, even with reasonable ignition advance, so advancing any further is barely an option to reduce egt's any more.

How much small the turbine is? When you say EGT limited, what temps are you seeing?

Because the engine is about 8:1cr it's thermal efficiency is also not very high compared to higher cr engines.

So i can use water injection to increase my det. threshold to be able to run more boost, but, 100Water and 50/50WM doesn't lower my egt's (some ppl say it should, but i never noticed it during my logs).

You are you using water/meth injection right? Have you tried to compare EGTs with and without water injection? How much are you injecting vs base fuel?

So do you guy's have any ideas what i can do to keep my EGTs low to be able to run the boost with water/WM i'am able to do det. wise?

There are ways to decrease egt. If you are into the 12.5:1 ratio enriching to 11.5:1 would decrease egt but you might loose power. What if you increase boost and decrease rpm? EGTs are mostly affected by engine rpm

Thanks in advance