View Single Post
Old 13-11-2004, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelf
..Not sure how to do that with the zlet though. Any ideas :?: Seen the circuitry on this forum, but im not sure how to disable boost electronically.
I would expect the idle state of the amal valve to be directing all boost to the actuator (easy to check if you undo the pipes and blow air through it)
So if you interrupt the electric signal to the valve, that should bring it down to 'idle', giving boost as low as possible (electronically)
Thanks i'll see if i can do that

Got some results last night, ambient temps were down to 7 C though, but recorded data at 2 samples per second. Post them on Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA
Holding 1 bar with uprated FMIC is not really W.I. territory in my opinion.
You're not getting ridiculous charge temps after the IC, so the cooling function of the water is limited.

Now if you were holding 20+psi, I understand...

I wouldn't trigger the WI before 14psi, as it would bog the engine down, especially now in the winter.
I agree, I think the results show that my intercooler is doing a pretty good job on its own, typically drops of 60 degrees C. Injecting before the turbo with the IC in place just reduces the IC eficiency substancially.

Several options available

Increase boost/remove precat - planning to

Switch off WI for the winter months - if i cant increase boost

Remove the IC and record temps at the turbo exit and throttle with WI only - improved turbo efficiency and less pressure losses

Position jet directly after IC and as far back from the throttle as possible - Oh isnt that where aquamist say to position the jet :lol: