View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 04:58 PM

Oh well, I think I must quit this pre-compressor injection camp, too. :sad: .....

I've been using the pre-compressor injection since early Nov. last year, so it's more than 5 months.

The jet was 0.5mm initially & swapped to 0.4 later, placed near an elbow in front of the compressor, only about 20cm away. It injects when high flow/high boost, controlled by a comparator circuit & a solenoid, metered by system 2D, and shares the pressure source with another pre-throttle jet.

The turbo in my car is installed deeply between fire wall and engine block, hardly accessable. Today I finally have some time to dig these all out & take a look. Actually I can not see it directly, through a camera instead.

Here's the pic:
[img] I have contacted PuntoRex to retore this picture[/img]

As can be seen, the outer edges of the blades are damaged obviously.

I think the pressure is still not high enough, thus the droplets are too big for this application.

Anyway, in these days, the turbo was working fine & giving me 22psi of boost. And, on the driver's seat, I always feel the turbo & engine love this pre-compressor injection.

However, seeing this damage, I can not persuade myself to keep using it. I disassembled the jet, plugged the hole, took out the hoses & solenoid...