View Single Post
Old 26-05-2005, 06:52 AM

Thanks for that information. I should have explained a bit about the car really, it is a Vauxhall (Opel) Astra Mk4 Turbo, which is a 2.0 litre 16v (4 cyl). Currently it is setup to run with 1.1bar boost and 1.5-1.6 bar overboost. The water injection comes into play around 0.35bar, as this is where we noted that the temperature would begin to climb when running on the dyno.

I will try the spare injector out of the car and confirm that the actual output from the injector is smooth, as this was my real concern, that the water wasn't being injected properly.

I did try to test the pressure that the pump was producing, but the gauge I had only read to 10 bar and I am guessing that these pumps can produce 'spikes' in excess of that because the bourdon tube in the gauge ruptured :roll:

As I had a basic Shurflo setup I was concerned about leaks from the feed to the front of the car, this is what brought about the original question, as I fitted an LED at the dash end of the system, which tells me when the pressure switch is on at the pump. There is also a secondary LED that tells me when the solenoid is being called for by the pressure switch. If I see the pump LED on and the solenoid LED off, therefore I know I have sprung a leak somewhere and can shut the power off to the pump before something in the car gets covered in water/alky mix :wink: