View Single Post
Old 26-05-2005, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverdose
i get what your saying.

what i wanted to say is if you press the hom button, can you drive anywhere before it turns itself off?

because this will determine whether or not you could use water to replace the higher octane fuel and/or where to start injecting.

say you press the hom button on tickover (without race gas) and it turns itself off! that would tell me you need to inject water from tickover.

Drew
I can drive the car with the HOM switch activated, anywhere and as long as the car has gas, even with the red LED blinking (PCM override). I think the water injection will need to be tuned so that it reduces knock in about the same way race gas does (or as close to that as possible I can get). I'm sure some experimenting will take place to achive this.

Tickover? I'm sorry, does this mean on startup? If yes, the HOM activation will not be disabled by the PCM unless it sees a value from the knock sensor that is not within the PCM accepted parameters. So, on start up the engine is basically at idle, knock should not occur here, and the red LED will be solid. Once the engine RPM is increased and or is under a load, knock may happen and if the PCM say's no go, it shuts down HOM (but not the car, and it does not put it in limp mode) and the red LED blinks.