View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 01:38 AM

I am currently not injecting anything, in fact, I don't even have my DSM shipped out here in Guam yet. But I plan to implement a system, both for power increase and to combat the hot climate and low octane (91) pump gas.

I plan to inject a water/methanol mixture (probably 50/50) before the turbo, possibly removing the intercooler in the process. Then, pre-throttle body (or possibly direct port injection) also injecting a water/methanol/nitromethane mix. The idea here is to inject nitro for a power increase, methanol for octane increase/reduction of detonation (for the nitro), and water both for additional cooling and keeping the mixture from separating.

My limiting factor will be the amount of water I will be able to inject. Relative humidity is often above 90% here, so I am afraid that I might reach saturation of the air quite quickly. I am hoping I can inject the amount I want, but I will have to do some testing I suppose, as I have been unable to find much info yet on humid climates.

Also, I'm very interested in the quasi-isothermal properties of pre-turbo injection and would like to experiment and take advantage of that.