View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 12:09 AM

This past Saturday I installed a second jet in the cold side pipe. This jet is past the charge air temp sensor. So now the injectors are placed as follows .9 jet in the end of the IC and a .7 jet in the cold side pipe. The car pulls noticeably harder with the second jet installed and the HOM light stays solid red no matter how hard the car is driven or the outside temps (temp today was 95 degrees). In the up pipe I sill have another injector fitting that?s capped off right now that I can add third injector to if I later decide to revise the system for what ever reason.

It seems to me that the current setup is doing two things with the two jets. The first jet located in the IC end tank is cooling down the charge temp considerably since before and after readings when that jet was first installed showed a drop of about 40 degrees. The second jet that is located after the charge air temp sensor is injecting water that is not getting atomized as well as the first and it is these water molecules (on top of the cooled down charge temp from the first jet) that is completing the effort to reduce or limit the knock.

I was thinking that I could have the water injection system activate HOM but after driving with this setup for awhile now I like it as it is and have no regrets. The only thing I need to do is hit the HOM switch after starting the car. If I could change anything at this point is to have the HOM activated when the car is running so wouldn?t need to remember to turn it on?..me = lazy

Only a couple of Aquamist components left to install, the piggy back tune rechecked out to confirm settings, and the HOM/WI system will be complete. Next step I think will be pre-turbo injection.