View Single Post
Old 06-03-2004, 05:43 AM

There is no consistent terminology - it is actually my error in assuming everyone uses the same abbreviations as I do. IDC are the injector duty cycles, you should be able to log them from your Accel against rpm and boost. Your injector size gives you your fuel potential - your IDC will tell you how much of that potential you are actually using in your current tune.

Would have to look up the specs again on the Accel - but I am assuming it has 8 drivers. Depending on if you are using all 8 or just 4 (running two injectors on each) - you may or may not have unused drivers.

If you have the drivers you could work with a couple 2c's using shurflo instead of the Aquamist pumps (you need the higher flow). Probably want a full assortment of jet sizes and a couple good size accumulators.

All in all it will likely be no more than $1,000 - but you will get good realiable detonation suppression from it and relative to what your motor costs probably not bad insurance.

If you don't have extra drivers available you would want to get something like the MF2 which can drive the water injection - figure to add another $350 for that. Though you could use another injector driver - even the DIY mega squirt. I think you will need more tuning control with your setup than would be recommended for something like the fia2 though (fuel injection amplifier which would map your water similar to your fueling). You are going to really want your water injection flow to match more the torque profile of your motor. Torque levels are your cylinder pressure levels which are your largest detonation determinant.

By the way the competition is allowing water injection - but does that include water mixtures like water/methanol? They may consider alcohol as an atlernative to pump fuel (and as a result not permit it) - might be worth checking is all.