View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 03:46 AM

Default Re: Richard L, Robbilau, Hotrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl93fd
Awesome replies guys, Thanks.

First off, I'm running the .8 mm nozzle. I belive the kit came with .7, .8, .9 (and I'm missing the .8)

Air temp Sensor is after the WI. I have done a test to confirm flow. At one point, I disconnected the ground and was injecting water 100% of the time for 5 or 6 miles. As stated, when I pulled away from a stop light, I immediately noticed temps dropping. At 7500 RPMS, I reach about 93% of my fuel injector duty cycle. Most of the time (around town and in traffic), I am < 50%. I probably hit 65% duty cycles around 5500 RPMS (again, rough guess but not too far off). Additionally, I notice I spend very little time boosting above 10 lbs. I spool up to 1 bar @ 7500 RPMS and reach 10 lbs of boost VERY quickly. So, under a hard pull, I probably have longer sustained boost then most (quicker spooling sequential systems and higher redline). Having said this, I'm not on the throttle boosting like that as much as I would like.

Richard, I'll get back on the voltage that comes out of the fuel duty cycle monitor. I'm sure I have this info in my PFC, somewhere.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm a sales bloke. I'm not a gearhead by any means yet. However, I'm certainly an enthusiast and willing to learn.
Which ground did you disconnect? Disconnecting the ground from the air pressure sensor will turn on the W/I all the time but it will still mirror what the fuel injector is doing. The only thing it does at low IDC is to fill your intake with water!!! It doesn't do any mist. So you're not achieving anything with this - what you will do is full the intake manifold with water at cruising and may destroy your engine.

What you want with the 2D is to ground the brown wire (without disconnecting it from the HSV). Then the W/I will activate at full power. This is what you need for your experiment. Also probably it is not a good idea to turn on the W/I at full power when the throttle is closed - so just mount a switch somewhere on the dashboard.