View Single Post
Old 29-07-2006, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple
Understood. This means that levels leaner that 12.5 will be neded. I refer to this part to indicate that 12.5 can be not "lean enogh" for some WI applications.
You need to run more *boost* as well.
If you stay within stock levels then power gains will be minimal.

Quote:
...I datalog solenoid as well. It is ECU who pulls boost down by changing duty cycle. AUDI uses small KO3 for 1.8 engine. That how I manage to get 7PSI @ 2000RPM. According to AUDI tuners, KO3 going outside it's effcency at 5000RPM so boost is reduced to keep it with in the map's parameters.
One way to push the turbo beyond the 'normal' limits, without compromising efficiency is to inject before the turbo, at the 'eye' of the compressor if possible. It is regarded as experimental, but boy does it work.

Quote:
...AUDI has ECU which is slow to adapt. As I always use high RON fuel it adopted to it. Accaisinally I put "normal" fuel recomended by AUDi for datalog purpuse and i notice that a lot more knock is present on datalog. It takes about one full tank of fuel for ECU to re-adapt to new petrol and ajust it's map to suite.
That is slow indeed. They tend to be conservative, protecting the engine if fuel is suspect, we can't blame them for that, can we? :wink:

Try injecting 50/50 water/methanol and see how it goes. Even with a small jet (0.4mm) operating at 4psi (pretty low boost level by the standards here) knock should disappear, even if you push boost up to 1 bar.
If you are still seeing knock, then it's probably noise that you're registering, not real knock.
...or your fuel is of very poor quality indeed :shock:

John

www.max-boost.co.uk