View Single Post
Old 31-10-2003, 03:16 PM

Default Splicing High Speed Valve into Stock Injector Harness

Perhaps someone could contact Brad Schaffner to ask him about this. It depends on the capabilities of the car's computer. The computer grounds the injector; the injector gets 12V constant. I have mine set up this way, but have wondered whether it is sound. Apparently, Brad now has some sort of new injector driver that is better. Its not the full computer, but I am not sure exactly what it is.

My car has low impedence injectors, but a computer with high impedence drivers. It uses a resistor pack to lower the current to the injectors. What I have done is tapped into the power before the resistor pack for the power to the high speed valve, and then tapped into an injector ground line for the high speed valve ground. While I can say that the computer has not failed yet, I cannot be sure that the fuel injector for which the ground line is tapped is functioning 100%. I assume it is, as the car seems to run fine. I figure that since the computer is capable of grounding a high impedence injector (since on non turbo models the same computer drive high impedence injectors), then there should be no problem grounding the low impedence injector and the high speed valve.

Philip Bradley