View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 11:43 PM

Plugs:
Well, I wanted to try a 7 (stock range) but they do not have a 7 in the eg series, so far the eg's are the only plugs that have been happy with the WAI. All the other es series plugs seem to start poping after about two weeks of use (Single pop rather than the typical stutter box rapid misfire). I'm planning on doing an HKS DLI II in the near future, but for now the br8eg's seem to be the most comfortable with the current setup. Once I get the DLI, I'll try out the br7es's again and see how they do.

Start Point:
I don't have any logs yet with the flow sensor output, but on a 3rd gear pull on the dyno, the spray seems to start around 9-10 psi. Previously, I tried to raise the start point by 1 or 2 clicks on the dial in the dds 3 control box, this only seemed to make the knock worse so I went back to where it was.

Restrictor:
Yes, I'm using the largest one, IIRC it's rated up to 900cc's

Up to this point I have been at a disadvantage from a logging standpoint. When using an interceptor to modify fuel, you also modify timing due to the ecu load calc relying on the maf signal that is being modified to control the fuel. Also, what they call 1 degree of advance in the interceptor maps is probably not 1 degree but rather some random small increment. Add to that the fact that you cannot use standard loggers to log the real timing because the interceptor modifies the signal after it leaves the ecu.

Now that I have the flow sensor output and the ignition timing logged in the haltech, things should go much better this saturday