View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 12:05 AM

Default Keith, thanks for the input

Keith,

I'll follow the link and see what it says. Thanks

No, I don't know my fuel flow, that is why I quoted the 225bhp figure instead. Must be some rough equivalence between bhp and fuel flow. What does your VW flow? Do you know?

I am inclined, as you suggested, to install multiple nozzles. I looked at the Aquamist replacement parts available here in the USA and the smallest size I saw was 0.4. Didn't see a 0.3 nozzle listed.

Am doing the math: 0.3 X 4 nozzles = flow much greater than a 1.0 nozzle. From the drift of my reading so far, engines of about my bhp output are using a single 0.6 nozzle. What to do? Want maximum detonation suppression but don't want to drown the engine in water / meth.

Took a long look at the intake manifold today. Have located a suitable space on the inlet end, after the air has turned into the manifold, where the supercharged air flow is directed straight down the inside of the manifold. An injector at this point would offer the maximum possibility of a relatively even distribution of injection fluid all along the manifold. The atomized mixture wouldn't have to turn any corners except to get into each individual intake runner. The 'how to' post for the R53 MINI depicts the injector nozzle located on an easily accessible, but curved portion of the intake plumbing, near the intercooler outlet. I can imagine the atomized mixture not making the curves very well.

Anyway, Keith, thanks for the input and I'd appreciate any additional comments regarding this post. I'll check out your link immediately and see what I can see.

Regards,
John Petrich in Seattle, WA