View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 08:34 AM

Default How is pump pressure/volume controlled and mapped with a WI

I have a Sureflow 150/100 PSI pump, a hand full of nozzles of different sizes & most other bits & bobs to make a rudimentary WI setup. But, I would like to have a progressive system at a minimum, (I have a couple of AIC?s auxiliary Injector controllers that read manifold pressure and tach signal and fire off a 7th fuel injector that Ideally I'd really like to adapt one at some point.) But for now:

What is involved in a simple progressive system? I know they feed off of manifold & vacuum/pressures, what sort of signal do they put out ( a varying 0-12v ? a pulsed 12V signal? An amplified low voltage signal? And to what? the pump directly?

I read a (4 yr. old) sticky here and was lost after a few posts. Fundamentally, how is the nozzle volume/ pressure of a progressive WI system logged & modified? And what is controlled by a controller to vary the H20/meth to fuel mix?

What tools required to tune and measure the proper amount H20/meth to fuel ratio/timing? Canit be pick up on laptop OBDII know how to calculate nozzle capacity & I read something about exhaust gas temp, is there a device to read that temp without stabbing a probe into my headers (surface mount?)

My car is a 99 Porsche Boxster; 2.5L, 11:1 comp, ratio, Eaton m63 blower, 4.5 PSI boost, AIC w/ 500cc fuel injector, 260+/- hp (60 hp boost) at crank.

Thanks in advance, PK