View Single Post
Old 28-01-2006, 04:31 AM

Default Suggestions on engine setup and water/methanol mixtures.

Hello all,

Being a newbie here, I would really appreciate it if you could advise me on the setup I intend to run.

Im about to purchase a mini car for daily driving with 4 cylinder 1300cc Naturally aspirated with variable valve timing.. Static compression ratio is 10:1, power is quoted at 85hp and redline is around 7200rpm.

Havin tested the demo car, I feel that a light pressure turbocharging may be necessary to increase power. My goal is an additional 20-30hp.

The thing now is Im a little concern about fuel mixtures not sufficient for the additional air pumped into the engine by the turbo(intend to run 8-10psi with an air-air I/C).

I understand that water injection(say 50/50 W/M mixtures), would allow leaner fuel mixtures and additional ignition advance. Am I correct?

Say if I run water injection, do you guys reckon that I could get away without any changes to the ECU's factory mapping for both the ignition and fuel timing with a 50/50 W/M injection?

Or should I run more methanol(40%W/60%M) to counter the lack of my fuel supply as well as the N/A ignition map?