View Single Post
Old 19-05-2004, 07:39 PM

Default Injecting prior to turbo comp' impellers

Hi there,

I've recently installed a charge-cooler system to my car, running ERL's 1s water injection system. I used to have an fmic with the water jet located on the outlet end-tank, which worked well, but because of the short pipe-run with the C.C (approx 8" from turbo to C.C inlet, approx 12" from C.C outlet to plenum), I'm undecided where to locate the jet now?

As I don't really want to insert the jet on the C.C outlet pipe, as I think this would be too near to the plenum (agree/disagree?), and it isn't really possible to have the jet on the C.C inlet pipe/turbo compressor outlet, I was wondering if it would be ok to have the jet/mist firing into the turbo compressor intake air-stream; ie, between the air-filter & compressor housing.

Do you think this idea is feasible? Has it been tried & tested before? (with good results?)

If so, which jet size would be a good starting point, and at what boost threshold level should the jet/pump be activating?

Apologies for all the questions/long-winded post.

Just for reference, the turbo being used is of the T28 variety running @ 25psi, and I have 0.4, 0.5, 0.6 and 0.7mm water jets to hand.

Thanks.

Mart