View Single Post
Old 27-05-2016, 09:58 PM

Default HFS-6 fail safe question Subaru WRX/Sti/FXT etc.

Hi Richard, This is in regards to a 2006 Subaru WRX (not STi)

I have an HFS-6 that I am trying to figure out how to properly set up the "map-switch" fail safe on using one of the wires from the yellow harness.

What I need to do is supply a ground WHEN THE FAIL SAFE IS ACTIVATED to the test mode circuit (green connector) at the ECU.

I had this system installed several years ago using this method and it works flawlessly so I want to duplicate that install, but I have since lost all my notes (thanks hard drive crash w/o back-up).

I can't seem to recall which wire supplies ground when the fail safe is tripped.

Simply put, I need to tap into the orange wire on B135 so that when fail safe is triggered, it grounds that contact. I cannot cut/splice that wire because it would prevent me from flashing a new ROM or otherwise accessing test mode.

I am a much more conservative person when it comes to tuning, so I have ZERO problems with the fail safe triggering a CEL. If I get a fail safe condition, I want to stop and evaluate everything before resuming normal operation.

Can you please point me in the right direction on how to proceed with this? Is it the brown wire and ONLY the brown wire that needs to be connected?

Thanks.

<EDIT> SOLUTION DESCRIBED IN POST 4

Last edited by Team Scream; 28-05-2016 at 03:37 AM.