View Single Post
Old 02-03-2004, 03:58 AM

Default Timing

Once you confirm you have flow, you may want to log your boost if you can.
At least have a passanger ride along and watch a boost gauge.

You may spend so little time above the 10 psi turn on point that the system never gets a chance to spray a significant amount of water. As mentioned above, you might want to pull back your trigger point to a lower boost.

A 10 psi trigger on a system running 18 - 20 psi boost will be on for a noticiable period of time. In your case, especially if you spend most of you boost time in lower gears you may only be above 10 psi for a second or so in each of the lower gears.

By way of example on a drag strip pass, my WRX red lines low gear in about 1.7 seconds, and 2 second gear only lasts about 3 -4 seconds, 3rd gear is about 4+ seconds and I shift into 4th just a second before I cross the finish line. I probably spend 4 -5 seconds over 10 psi .

There is also the possibility that your boost gauge, boost control system and the boost trigger switch are not in agreement. If you boost control system is actually only giving you 12 psi boost and your trigger switch is a bit high you will have nearly a 0 duty cycle. The second issue is where are you tapping boost. Your sense point may never get above 10 psi even though the boost control system thinks the engine is at 14 psi.

Larry