Old 21-11-2004, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Pre Turbo Injection - How Much and When to Inject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelf
....What im looking for

Consistantly low turbo exit temps
High IC efficiency
These two are kinda mutually exclusive though:
The lower the turbo exit temps, the lower the efficiency of the intercooler.
This you can see clearly in your datalogs. The more water you inject, the lower the 'after turbo' temps, but the effect on 'throttle' temps is nowhere to be seen.
Single 0.4 jet @ 12psi resulted in similar throttle temps as both jets triggered at 4 psi (a lot more water in the latter case)

Quote:
Lower than ambient throttle temps in the summer, but not less than (??) for the winter ((??) not sure what the lowest temp should be yet).
The ideal intake temp at the throttle is around 40C mate, certainly no less than 30C
Quote:
Maximum effect from the east amount of water injected.
In that case from your graphs I'd say 0.4 jet at 13psi

Quote:
In my opinion, using a twin jet setup with the smallest jets possible and triggered at 4 psi gave the best results. I want to see 0 psi results.
I don't know how you reached this conclusion.
In any case, intake temps are not the whole story, especially if they max at 30C without WI :wink:
To me it looks like your engine setup at these ambient temps needs no W.I. for lowering intake temps.

It could be a different story if power is measured with different jets, while you run higher boost pressures. That would mainly reflect the advantages of in-cylinder cooling, which I'd think would be far more important than chargecooling in the winter.

Very interesting post, by the way.

John

www.max-boost.co.uk