View Single Post
Old 19-04-2017, 07:40 PM

Default Re: WMI tuning and results Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboostshack View Post
G'day guys, sorry for the late response and thanks you all for your feedback.

Rotrex, you mentioned that I would need greater than 140cc per cylinder to reach a target of 350kw. What amount would you recommend per cylinder to reach this target?

Cheers
I'd say 200-250cc per cylinder comes closer to being useful and a little headroom won't hurt.

I'd skip all the post intercooler jets and just consider keeping the pre turbo jet.
As the 250cc per cylinder need to be injected into some 2+ bar of boost, you will need either 10+ bar of pump pressure with 0.5mm Aquamist jets or up the size to 0.6mm if you stick to the 7 bar of pump pressure.

Here are recent 390 whp from a 2l 4-cylinder running 4x 0.5mm Aquamist jets at 1.55-1.85 bar without any knock.
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbu...?t=2863&page=4

1mm plug gap and misfires under very high boost are not unheard of :-)
Riceracing has posted a fair share of results for high boost high HP WI.
Once you have uniform spray entering all combustion chamber is a reasonably uniform manner, it is typically only the ignition system holding you back.
For dry flow multi cylinder manifolds there are only two ways of achieving a uniform distribution from all I have seen and read: pre turbo with a air assisted nozzles and their extremely fine mist or direct port.