View Single Post
Old 29-10-2003, 04:36 AM

Default Re: Help!!!! aquamist 2d

I am by no means an expert but I just installed my 2d in my 99 supercharged Miata. Calif car, 91 octane.

I looked for help from another person who installed tbe 2c just to be sure of the "pulsed" and "unswitched" wires on the piggyback injector that I tapped into.

I found it helpful to layout everything in sequence to get an idea as to where everything goes. I had to do this several times so that I would figure it out. The toughest part is figuring out where to mount everything in the engine bay. I can send you pictures if you like. My e-mail is cmetzner@fergusonmetzner.com

Also, I did not use some of the special electrical connection devices that came with the kit. Instead, on the solenoid I just used butt crimp connectors.

One thing I would do differently: mount the FIA2 inside the car (maybe behind the glove box). I put mine on the firewall in the engine bay and plan on moving it this weekend because I can't use/see the diagnostic lights on the FIA2

Also, this may not apply to you. Do not tap into any piggyback fuel injectors. They many times have a lighter duty cycle than the main injectors and therefore, too little water is injected. I switched mine and tapped into one of the main injectors and now - no pinging. I now run more advance and the car and I are much happier.

-- Chuck