View Single Post
Old 13-08-2012, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Aquamist Jet Thread Pitch and Side (Inlet Side)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieturbo View Post
The little hosetail section does screw onto the main jet body. No idea what that thread is, but the jet is designed to be used with it in place.

I guess you could remove it and configure it some other way...not sure of what benefit it might be ?
I wouldn't believe that the jet was specifically designed to be used with that hose tail as Howerton Engineering sells push to connect fittings that screw into the jet in place of the hosetail fitting.

The benefit of removing that hose tail would be the fact that I would be removing 6 small sections of hose. Instead I will be using a fuel rail/manifold that feeds 6 injectors. I will then only have mechanical joint connections to each jet and get rid of the nylon hose. The only place I will have hose is from the pump to the valve and from the valve to my custom manifold. It is a bit over the top and may not be necessary, but I have limited space to work in and it may be my best option.

I believe the fitting is a M8, but not sure if it may a BSP. Either way if I can figure out size and thread pitch that would be great.