View Single Post
Old 08-11-2003, 11:50 PM

Default IAC temps

i bought my setup from Brad at georges imports in Kansas City , email at brad@kcsaab.com he has really done a lot of work with these setups and has a datalogger in his saab. measured temps at turbo outlet , then after intercooler and finally ,after water jet. as i recall , temps at turbo were in the mid 200's , after intercooler they were still in the lower to mid 100's , on a 90 degree day , he measured final temp at water jet within 10 degrees of ambient temp. he was getting pretty much the same results on a supercharged gs regal. greatest reduction in temps was from the aquamist. please don't quote me on data as it's been a while since we talked. he is very knowledgable on this stuff and will answer emails on topic , perhaps he'll join our group. i currently have a unit on my 65 turbo corvair , not exactly the most efficient turbo ever made. that said , i put the jet in the outlet of the compressor and the effect is nothing short of amazing. i have an individual cylinder knock (safeguard) control ignition with an led to show when it's active. with the aquamist it just doesn't have to do much work and the turbo outlet and intake crossover pipe no longer get hot enough to burn your hands , they're alomst cool. i even run ice in the water tank for autocross events for an extra cooling effect. when i get the SDSEFI setup working , i'll take it to the local chassis dyno and post results. take care , rocco