View Single Post
Old 30-10-2003, 10:02 PM

Greg,

The switch on the manifold is there to turn the pump on and off to control the approximate pressure in the line.

If you have another switch as well then this is likely what your GTP brethren have been using to turn the water on and off. This is a different method of control than I have encountered before...

Theorectically you could connect the red wire from the hsv to a fused 12v+ source - I assume the orange wire on the other side of the harness is lined up with the red wire - so run the orange wire to a 12v+ source with a 3-5 amp fuse in line.

The brown wire is the driving wire. It does not sound like you or the ones that you know who are using it are using this as a variable flow system - rather they are using the pressure switch to merely open or close the hsv. If this is the case then the brown wire can be connected to the switch that has a pressure reference on one terminal and connect the other terminal to ground.

This set up will do the following things -

It will maintain pressure in the line at the setting on the manifold switch line pressure can be altered with the manifold switch setting.
It will open the valve and keep it open above the pressure switch setting.
It will close the valve and keep it closed below the pressure switch setting.
You will get a constant flow rate when the system is engaged - rather than a variable flow based on load that the 2c was intended for (but that would require some sort of electronic injector management). The effect of this is that with increased rpm you will actually be injecting less water into each intake stroke of the cylinders. This does not negate the effect of water injection it just limits it primarily to it intercooler effects and lessens some of the in cylinder effects as you get to higher rpms. As you know from your friends' use there is still benefit from this slightly limited implementation.

This will work I just have never done it before myself with the 2c - the 1s does the same thing with fewer components - though with the 1s the pressure is not maintained in the line when off and the pressure is not adjustable on the 1s.

If I get a chance I will redraw a layout for how to set this up based on the components you have.

Just to be clear, you have:

A pump
A manifold w/ a pressure switch on it
A normally opened switch connected to a pressure reference and two terminals
The high speed valve
An injection jet